A Trickle

Can be corrosive in a gentle, diminuative expression. Pleasant to listen to, waters the earth in some estoric way. Eventually leads to bigger things. Many are drawn to just a trickle out of thirst, aethetics, desperation. To be enjoyed for it's simplicity and frugality.

Name:
Location: Mississippi/Missouri/Texas/France

old lady with a kid locked inside

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wishing for Visitors

I get so caught up in the poetry workshops that I frequent, I never think about this little trickle. When I do come here, I'm lost as to the purpose of it's existence.

I don't want to post my poetry or photographs, I want to converse. I'm not interested in raw politics but I am interested in social issues. I have a more philosophical approach to looking at life. I enjoy thinking with a christian worldview and I am open to discussing anything.

It's time to have an OPEN HOUSE and invite the neighbors!

Hopefully, visitors will feel comfortable to come and stay awhile. If someone should 'pop in' while I'm away, please be patient with me. I will reply as soon as I have the administration team send my password for the 5th or 6th time!

In the meantime, relax, make yourself at home!

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Allison said...

I started my first blog two years ago. For the longest time, I didn't get many comments (practically none), but I stuck with it. Now, I have several regular readers.

If you keep posting away here plus commenting on other blogs, people will start dropping by on a regular basis.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Leah J. Utas said...

I'm looking forward to checking out your blog more often.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Peggy K said...

I think andrea has the right idea - when I started posting comments on other people's blogs, I started getting more on mine.

Just remember that every commenter represents many lurkers - sort of like the cockroaches you see vs. the cockroaches in the walls (or maybe that's a bad analogy). Anyway, I'll be checking back in.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I started a blog with the intention of doing the same thing as you're doing. Because of a lot of reasons (hooray for generalities!), my current blog has developed into a blog about my writing life.

That's not to say I won't drop in here for a cup of Earl Gray and philosophical discussion once in a while... *grin*

2:59 PM  
Blogger Talia said...

I started my blog about 6 mths ago. I agree with andrea and peggy. If you visit and comment on other blogs you are likely to get people to make a return visit and comment.

Also, regular and frequent updates. If you only post once a week you could state ... this blog is updated on Wednesdays or something like that

2:27 PM  
Blogger Renee' Barnes said...

OK. Let's see, we have tea, jello and marshmallows. Sounds like a party to me :)

Keep plugging away and before you know it you'll have lots of regular visitors.

Renee'
http://reneebarnes.bravejournal.com/

11:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kid! Post your poetics. People will come. There's a whole world of poetic blogs out here. I had no idea! Just check out my blogroll and get yourself in with the poetica of blogging. I find it hard to update daily through a strictly poetry blog...so I am adjusting to include other things...but I really like reading blogging poets. Give it a shot!

4:06 AM  
Blogger David Wisehart said...

I just started blogging. Good to see you've decided to post some poetry.

I'll be checking back here from time to time, to see how you've decorated the place.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home